Monday, October 6, 2008

Vh1 Hip Hop Honorees

Man, and to think I almost wasn't going to do a piece and put my two sense in. I just had to do this recap after seeing Tracy Morgan do a parody of political candidates running for office and showcasing his comedic talents while hosting the 2008 Vh1 Hip Hop Honorees, Cypress Hill, Slick Rick, Too Short, and Naughty By Nature. All honorees are artists that I can remember lip singing to when I first got turned on to rap and hip hop. Cypress Hill killed it on stage, to Kill a Man. To all DJs out there, I dare you to mix up some Cypress Hill and Eminem. That would be a hell of a tour ticket, Cypress Hill and Eminem. The lovely Estelle brought an awe presence to the stage, reminding me of Lauren Hill and Mary J Blige. I am really looking forward to hearing a duet with Estelle and Mary J Blige. Bun B was definitely repin Texas and UGK. Too Short on the same concert ticket as Bun B would be insane! I was disappointed that Bushwick Bill wasn't on stage with Scarface. Why didn't the other part of the Ghetto Boys get to make an appearance on stage?
Julez Santana did a perfect recollection of Naughty by Nature's, Everything's gonna be Alright. Jim Jones actually did a great job, too. How many of you true Naughty by Nature fans remember the joint with Queen Lathifa, "Wickedest Man Alive"? Cee Lo did a phenominal job hitting those high notes. Everyone in the crowd threw up there hands up to Hip Hop Hooray, you know some people in the room were feeling O.O.P., how can I explain it:) you see...its just not that simple.

Shout out to the camera men that kept capturing the lovely lady behind B Real & Slick Rick, the dancers were looking fly and the party people were in the crowd.
Trivia: which Hip Hop Honoree went to school with Cameron Diaz? Bet, you can answer this one? I'll give you a hint: He was honored in 2005. Holla.

No comments: