Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Whut Up ATX

What up Atx, aka Capital City, Austin Texas, 512? While listening to Mimi @ Hot 93.3 give a shout out to all City employees for putting on for their city, I got inspired to do the same. All the way from Wells Branch to William Cannon, I've resided in Austin, TX for the past 6 years. Only until recently, did I break out of my limited comfort zone and get to know a few things, still not completely familiar but getting acquainted. I show love to those that show love, stay away from hateraid, and keep it moving. Always on the wire to hear my favorite DJ's spinning downtown, show support to local artist/rappers, and those just passing through.

Here is a few on the radar in no particular order: DJ Grip, Young Spinna, DJ Curren$y, DJ WoodyWood, JKapone, Feddi Man, DJ Knowledge, BRMG (DJ Diamond Tip, DJ Protege, DJ Mike Swing) There's alot of great talent in the 512. DJ La DaDa, DJ Hannibal, Dinky D, Bass Wood Lane, KJ Hines, Ryno, Slim Gutta, Sam Heights, Zeale, Bavu, Dubb Sicks, D-Train, Deuce, Tony Cortez, DJ Havoc, Mr. & Mrs. 512, Montsa Ent., Da Bosnian, Crew54, Dirty Wormz, Matt Sonzola, Club Fuel, Vicci, Sixth Lounge, Firehouse. I am not pretentious, if the music is good, drinks affordable, seats without cum stains, I'll be in the building. All I need is good DJ, a couple shots of patron, money in pocket, good company, Ill be in a zone.

Oh yeah, shout outs to http://www.austin360.com/, http://www.do512.com/, http://www.austinhiphopscene.com/,
http://www.hot933.fm/, and http://www.kvue.com/ which I visit daily.

I'm lubbin my city and got mad respect to Myspace homies in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Miami, Minnesota, New York all puttin on for their city. To give shout outs would take all day and since I got bills to pay with an 8 to 5, until I land my dream job as a Talent scout or VH1 reality show, I'm getting back to work.

P.S. I just wanted to give a mention that if you ever want to know what Austin, Texas is about drive your azz over to Riverside Drive, from Congress Avenue up to Pleasant Valley. You get it all, from riches to rags. Everyday I see people getting up early to take that bus to work/school, hustle the street corner, another day another dollar, cops and robbers. I never seen so much diversity in that drive from the West to the East on Riverside Drive. Peace, be on the look out for them crazy ass drivers!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Hi Who U Feelin,

I'm the General Manager over at Do512.com, wanted to see if I could get an email address to reach you at?

Kristin@do512.com